Scam go-betweener ("errands", "delivering/pro A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scam go-betweener ("errands", "delivering/pro

by Forum Member » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:12 am

The latest scams have been geared more towards the backend side of the scam.

Scammers are looking for U.S. go-betweens to deliver fraudulant checks from their overseas address on to their latest targets. By sending it through an American address, the stamp on the email makes it appear that the check came from a US address - making the check look more legit.

The scams are posed as "errands" and "earn extra money by processing mail". Participating is actually more dangerous than being the target of the original scam, because it's a huge crime to participate in mail fraud.

A common recent sample:
~~~~~

Hello,
Can you do something apart from Petsitting? Are you available to run my errands? I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer me these services:Mail services: Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS.

Shop for Gifts Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.Let me know if you will be able to offer me any of these services.

[From Michael Read, Martin Flacks, and other fake names]

~~~

Forum Member

by Forum Member » Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 am

Hello,

Can you do something apart from babysitting? Are you available to run my errands? I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer me these services:Mail services: Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS. Shop for Gifts Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.Let me know if you will be able to offer me any of these services.

Thanks
Audrey Miller.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

i got this email too

by Forum Member » Mon May 11, 2009 3:00 am

Ms. Audrey Miller sent me this also this week. Said "she" pulled my name from Petsits.com

grrrrrr >:-(

im so glad im a member here or i might have gotten sucked into this nonsense.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Mon May 11, 2009 3:10 am

sorry I'm double posting, but I thought I should add my correspondence and what raised my suspicions.

Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 07:49:14 -0700
Subject: Non PetSitting JOB
To: sitandstaypets

Hello,
Can you do something apart from Petsitting? Are you available to run my errands? I am looking for someone who can handle my personal and business errands at his/her spare time. Someone who can offer me these services:Mail services: Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS.

Shop for Gifts Sit for delivery( at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.Let me know if you will be able to offer me any of these services.
Thanks
Audrey Miller.

Hi Audrey,
Yes, I certainly can provide these services for you. I have served similar personal assistant arrangements in the past, and currently do so for a gentleman. May I ask how you got my information? I was just wondering if you were referred, or maybe came across an advertisement. Also, what area are you in?
~I'll just abridge the rest of this part~

I found you from Petsits.com. I should probably tell you more about the job.... This job is flexible so you can do it wherever you are provided that there is a post office in the area. In addition to that, I don't mind you doing all of the tasks during your spare time outside of work or school. I wish I could meet up with you to talk about this job in person but I am currently away on business. I am in Bahrain so there will be no interview. I will prepay you in advance to do my shopping and have my mails/packages forwarded to your address. If you will be unable to stay at home to get the mails, I can have them shipped to a post office near you and then you can pick them up at your convenience.

All errands will be in your city/town so It is not a must that you have a car for the job, you can go places by bus or taxi. When you get my mails/packages; you are required to mail them to where I want them mailed to. You won't have to put money out of your pocket, all you have to do is have packages shipped to your house and do my shopping. You are allowed to open the packages to reveal the content. The content of the packages will be business and personal mails. All expenses and taxes will be covered by me. You will work between 15 and 20hrs a month.

How much will you charge per month? I will pay $400. That is not a bad offer is it? I need your service because I am constantly out of town... I am an Architect. I will return to America in June. so this process will be on going till then. If you don't mind, I will meet up with you when I return and then we can talk about the possibility of making this long term.
Well, let me know if you are able to handle the position.

Thanks for your time.
Audery Miller.

I guess she forgot to spell her name? :D

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Forum Member » Fri May 29, 2009 12:07 am

-----Original Message-----
From: CHENG SHING WOODEN INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD [mailto:paq.leno1@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 28, 2009 10:47 PM
To: ---
Subject: Job Vacancies / Job ID: PSC/JV/ESOC 01145-06

Looking for Part time Clients Payment Processing Assistant.

1. Must have processing experience.
2. Live in United State.
3. Be reliable.
4. Have experience in recording payments and issuing cash payment out to
factories.
5. Stable telecommunication
6. Personal Internet
Job Description
YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION

1. Open savings or checking account for this job in which you will be the only
signatory to the account
1. Receive payment from Clients either by Bill pay Payment or wire transfer via
the account
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your commission on each payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of 10% commission to offices which shall be
provided by us as soon as the fund becomes available.
Salary
$300-$500 Weekly
Information Requested
Informations Requested

Name:
Address:
Tel:
Mobile:
Cell:
Sex:
For more information pls contact below address
CHENG SHING WOODEN INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD