I got burned by US Directory A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Professor
Professor

I got burned by US Directory

by Forum Member » Thu May 05, 2011 9:30 am

It's my fault. I didn't read the fine print. I thought I was getting a free listing....then I started getting bills. I contacted them and told them I was not aware I had to pay for my listing and didn't want it. The man's reply..."Did you sign? Well..you have to pay." Then they turned me over to a collector when I refused to pay. The lady there told me she got this complaint all the time about US Directory but the bottom line was pay or lose my credibility with other vendors. I told her it was a shame that her collection agency would take scammers on as clients. I could kick myself! Why didn't I pay more attention to what I was doing? We're talking $344.00! If I had that kind of marketing budget I would not have spent it on that. I would have got rack cards and brochures and make a video for youtube.

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

by Forum Member » Tue May 15, 2012 5:38 am

I was just looking over the forum and noticed your post. I have to say that IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. Scammers are sneaky and they don't do business like an honest company would, so it is ALL THEIR FAULT. That's what I think. Sometimes people who are victims of fraud won't report it because they feel that they should have known better and somehow it's their fault. That only encourages the scammers. Next time you'll be wise to them.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1