What do you think? A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

What do you think?

by Forum Member » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello,

i am interested in your services for my dogs,kindly write back so i can send them to you

Dominic.

Note : They are 8 tea cup yorkies and 5 Golden retriever dogs , i will be paying with my credit card and have them shipped to you as i am currently out of town .

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:32 pm

Scam

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:01 pm

I got it as well and the large text was really easy to read! :D
You would think they would at least come up with something that makes a tiny bit of sense. I mean seriously....8 teacup Yorkie's and 5 Golden's? No way would anyone have that combination in one house. Just wouldn't happen.

Forum Member
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert

by Forum Member » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Definitely a scam. If not for the mixture of dogs, but for credit card payment and SHIPMENT! Ain't happenin! :D

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dominic, 8 tea cup yorkies 5 golend retreiver dogs.

by Forum Member » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:52 pm

If you receive any of these scams it is always helpful to post the email address they come from.

I actually get quite a few non-members writing to us that they looked up the email address on a suspicious email, and our website popped up. Often times it isn't even for a pet sitting scam. It seems many of these scammers use the same email address for all different kinds of scams at the same time.

I would, however, remove your own email address from the post if you do post the headers. This spam forum is open to the public. They can't see any of your personal information (because if you aren't logged it everything says "anonymous") unless you actually type it in the message.

This one is interesting to me though. He plans to pay with credit card. I may just take him up on that one so I can report to the CC company for whomever's card he stole.

From: dw611212@gmail.com [mailto:dw611212@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Dominic Williams
Sent: Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:56 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Service Request

Hello,

i am interested in your services for my dogs,kindly write back so i can send them to you

Dominic.

Note : They are 8 tea cup yorkies and 5 Golden retriever dogs , i will be paying with my credit card and have them shipped to you as i am currently out of town .

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1