Smiliey - SCAM A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

Smiliey - SCAM

by Forum Member » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:40 am

I had posted a Team Members Wanted listing on Craiglist.com yesterday and this is what I got. LOTS of red flags in this one!

Kevin S ksmth1100@yahoo.com

to undisclosed recipients

Hello,

I noticed your advert on Craigslist.com and will like to believe you must have an experience of pet sitting, We are relocating to your area and will be coming there to work with the Environmental Protection Agency ( EPA ) on a private research project...

I will be needing you to watch over my Dog (smileys) while I'm out for work, service can be done in my home or yours...I will offer you a sum of $20 per hour,3hrs in a day, and I will be needing your service 3 times a week to watch over smileys for me which will be $180 per week plus additional $20 for gas totoalling $200 per week. I will be paying you in advance via check.

Additional information: Smileys is a pit bull and not too large also very pleasant and she is already potty trained buy using doggie door she will quickly learn anything you teach her. She possess intelligent attitude. And her vaccinations are up to date... you will like it.

P.s get back to me with the Areas in which you can work conveniently

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:21 am

Just got another one from a Thomas Cole who also works for the EPA and moving here!! I guess the EPA likes Florida! :lol:

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1