Is this real ?If I respond what can happen? A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Is this real ?If I respond what can happen?

by Forum Member » Wed May 08, 2013 7:42 am

Hello and how are you doing? i want to make inquiry about your pet sitting service and if you are open to take in more customer. Please reconfirm your present location in CA. Warm Regards, Taylor Smith

Forum Member
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert

by Forum Member » Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 am

Meh.... I have some clients who talk weird like that.

I don't think I would respond though... Just gives me a strange vibe.

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am

I think it's a bad one. If this were a genuine potential client, he would ask if you serve his specific area, not ask what yours is.

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Forum Member » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:39 am

As for what will happen...

The scammer will send you a check/money order/similar for more than he owes. He will ask you to cash it and send the extra to another party - such as "his groomer" or whatever - and give you an address to mail it to.

Up to a month later the original check will reverse as bad, but by then it will be too late to recoop the money you sent on.

And the scammer will have access to your bank account number from the check you wrote (not that he can really do much with it).

So basically never send money TO a client - at least one that hasn't used you before - and you are fine.

I play along with the scammers to see how many fake checks I can collect :) . Now my email address must be blacklisted because I haven't gotten any more in years.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1