Scam email received A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Scam email received

by Forum Member » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:33 am

I received the following email which I believe is fake: Hello and how are you doing? i want to make inquiry about your pet sitting service and if you are open to take in more customer. Please reconfirm your present location in IN.

Warm Regards,
Taylor Jones

I responded knowing it's a scam, I asked where they were moving to in IN. Here's their response: Hello Kim,
Glad to read from you and I feel comfortable discussing this opening. I am relocating to IN with my Dog (Travis) who will be 1year old in September and seeking a good pet sitter. I am hearing impaired and am a Medical counselor at the Alabama State Schools for the Deaf and the Blind. I am starting a new appointment with the hearing impaired at Indianapolis for 2 months, starting from August 26th.

I will need a help with my dog, 11am to 11:45am, Mondays through Fridays only and I want you to get back to me with the price. Travis is very precious to me and a very well behaved dog.

I look forward to your email so as to proceed with further arrangement.

[b]Once again I responded asking where they were moving to Indiana just to see what they are going to say LOL! We will see what they come back with this time. Pretty odd that the last post on here was from a Taylor Smith, mine is from a Taylor Jones...common last names.

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:05 am

Scam!
no doubt a scam

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

Taylor Smith & Taylor Jones

by Forum Member » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:34 am

When you post these, if you are sure it's a scam and they don't provide a contact email address in the message itself, you can post the email address of the "from" here also. Some people search for that when they get the same suspicious method, so it's easier for them to find your post.

Forum Member

Scam markeduado@yahoo.com

by Forum Member » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:23 am

Got the same message, different name. I'm in Texas. Definitely a scam.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1