palo michal michalpally@gmail.com samoyed mika A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

palo michal michalpally@gmail.com samoyed mika

by Forum Member » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:05 pm

Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:38 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: PETSITTER NEEDED FOR MY SAMOYED

Hello,
I just saw your post as pet caregiver on www.petsitteramerica.com and I'm hoping to talk with you more about it. How many years of professional pet sitting experience have you accumulated while working with Pets? Can I contract your services for my pet, a Samoyed dog by the name Mika? I shall be needing services starting from February 17th and would stretch till March 19th. I'm flexible with start time but preferably between 10AM-11AM, when i will be off to work. At least a minimum of 1hrs daily, (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAYS).

Services include walking, feeding and general care. You will be caring for her at my rented suite. Can you tell me your exact location (i.e the closest Major Intersection to your home) so I can calculate how close it will be to my rented suite and also to make further arrangements for the task. I look forward to read from you soon. Thanks,
Palo Michal.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:54 am

I got the same one here in Virginia. Definitely a scam!

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

by Forum Member » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:01 pm

new name and dates but it red flagged my brain!

Hello,
I just saw your post as a pet caregiver on www.petsitllc.com and I'm hoping to talk with you more about it. How many years of professional pet sitting experience have you accumulated while working with Pets? Can I contract your services for my pet, a Samoyed dog by the name Bella? I shall be needing services starting from May 12th and would stretch till June 11th. I'm flexible with start time but preferably between 10AM-11AM, when i will be off to work. At least a minimum of 1hrs daily, (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAYS).

Services include walking, feeding and general care. You will be caring for her at my rented suite. Can you tell me your exact location (i.e the closest Major Intersection to your home) so I can calculate how close it will be to my rented suite and also to make further arrangements for the task. I look forward to reading from you soon. Thanks,
Eric Winkler.

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:36 am

Yes indeed that one has made it's rounds. I got it too

Forum Member

Still Scaming

by Forum Member » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:50 am

Thank guys... I received this same email last night... DELETE!

Tobys Tailwag wrote:new name and dates but it red flagged my brain!

Hello,
I just saw your post as a pet caregiver on www.petsitllc.com and I'm hoping to talk with you more about it. How many years of professional pet sitting experience have you accumulated while working with Pets? Can I contract your services for my pet, a Samoyed dog by the name Bella? I shall be needing services starting from May 12th and would stretch till June 11th. I'm flexible with start time but preferably between 10AM-11AM, when i will be off to work. At least a minimum of 1hrs daily, (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAYS).

Services include walking, feeding and general care. You will be caring for her at my rented suite. Can you tell me your exact location (i.e the closest Major Intersection to your home) so I can calculate how close it will be to my rented suite and also to make further arrangements for the task. I look forward to reading from you soon. Thanks,
Eric Winkler.

Forum Member

Persistant Bugger

by Forum Member » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:15 am

So, Eric Winkler (not his real name) continues to contact me, now by texting. He sent an overnight fedex package to me address claiming it was payment for the pet care services I would be providing him. I reminded him that I was not available to sit with his dog and that no payment was due. I think he got the hint and will move on. btw, I did NOT open the fedex package, but I'm sure the check is no good. BEWARE! :x

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sat May 03, 2014 8:49 am

Some of us have answered these scams just to get a check from them and to see how the scam works
scrap book

Forum Member

by Forum Member » Thu May 08, 2014 7:13 pm

"You WILL be caring for her at..." Really? This does not sound like a request! ;-)

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:59 am

I am so glad I came on here this morning and did a double check. I also received the email from Eric Winkler.

I thought it was legit at first the original contact but after emailing him back the red flags immediately went up.

Here is the content of what he responded. I will not be emailing him back. Luckily I use a po box so he only has the major intersection close to me.

Hello Deanna,
Glad to read from you and I really appreciate your concern. Your location works out fine for me. I'm coming down from Puerto Rico for a month inspection course with the Bureau of Investigation. I work as private investigator with the Puerto Rico Bureau of Special Investigations, a branch of the Department of Justice of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The headquarters of La Uniformada which is located at the Cuartel General (General Station House), 601 Franklin D. Roosevelt Avenue, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico.

I will be putting up in a rented suite close to your location, i will forward you the details of the reservation as soon as it is booked so that you will know where i shall be staying. Hence you shall be caring for Bella at my rented suite provided her comfort is guaranteed. I need you to understand that after the duration of this course I shall be heading back to my base with Bella for a promotion, so I need to perform excellently well. This might limit my attention towards her hence the reason I'm employing you for this task. Bella is a Samoyed dog that gets along with other dogs and she is also very friendly with kids. She's very well, healthy and properly immunized. She visits the vets regularly and has no medical problem or whatsoever. I have attached her picture herewith and I want the best care for her while I arrive.

I would schedule you to care for her during weekdays only i.e Mondays through Fridays. Starting from 10AM when i will be off to work and you can offer her your care for 45min or an Hour at your convenient. I will be around on weekend and i will be caring for her personally. I'm offering $400 per week due to my budget. Will this work out?
The start date is 23rd of June but after my arrival on June 22nd which is on Sunday, we'll meet formally so that we can get familiar before you start with Bella. Moreover my superior is willing to have your Service Charge processed prior my arrival with Bella. Hence,I'm reviewing your application and I'll let you know my decision immediately. In the meantime please fill up the Questionnaire below for immediate processing of your details:

REQUIRED INFORMATION

———Full Name:
———Address:
———City:
———State:
———Zip code:
———cell #:
———Best Time to call:
———Age:
———Present occupation:
———Number of years as a pet sitter:
———Number of available reference:

AGREEMENTS

Job duration of 1Month (Monday-Friday)
Start date shall be June 23rd - July 24th.
Advance payment of a week will be arranged for you as soon as you agree to the terms above.
Warmest Regards,
Eric.

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pettie Ling, same Samoyed named Bella

by Forum Member » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:57 am

On Saturday, June 21, 2014 9:51 AM, PETTIE LING <pettieling1> wrote:

Hello,
I just saw your post as a pet caregiver on www.petsit.com and I'm hoping to talk with you more about it. How many years of professional pet sitting experience have you accumulated while working with Pets? Can I contract your services for my pet, a Samoyed dog by the name Bella? I shall be needing services starting from July 7th and would stretch till August 6th. I'm flexible with start time but preferably between 10AM-11AM, when i will be off to work. At least a minimum of 1hrs daily, (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAYS).

Services include walking, feeding and general care. You will be caring for her at my rented suite. Can you tell me your exact location (i.e the closest Major Intersection to your home) so I can calculate how close it will be to my rented suite and also to make further arrangements for the task. I look forward to reading from you soon.

Thanks,
Pettie Ling.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I got this one, too.

by Forum Member » Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:54 am

I received this one, too, but the name was "Brett Young". I replied, telling him that my husband and I liked to do a initial interview with potential new clients, and if he could tell me where his suite was located I would be happy to tell him if he was in our service area. We never heard back.

Thanks for this forum, posting your experiences and for all of the input you guys are giving! It really helps.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Brett Young

by Forum Member » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:28 am

Just received an email for this guy Brett Young. Same MO Asked the same questions and everything! So scary! Do we report him to someone??

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I just received this email from Brett Young.

by Forum Member » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:34 am

Glad to read from you. Your location works out fine for me. I'm coming down from Puerto Rico for a month inspection course with the Bureau of Investigation. I work as private investigator with the Puerto Rico Bureau of Special Investigations, a branch of the Department of Justice of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. The headquarters of La Uniformada which is located at the Cuartel General (General Station House), 601 Franklin D. Roosevelt Avenue, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico.

I will be putting up in a rented suite close to your location, i will forward you the details of the reservation as soon as it is booked so that you will know where i shall be staying. Hence you shall be caring for Bella at my rented suite provided her comfort is guaranteed. I need you to understand that after the duration of this course I shall be heading back to my base with Bella for a promotion, so I need to perform excellently well. This might limit my attention towards her hence the reason I'm employing you for this task. Bella is a Samoyed dog that gets along with other dogs and she is also very friendly with kids. She's very well, healthy and properly immunized. She visits the vets regularly and has no medical problem or whatsoever.

My unit is currently on the field for a debrief assignment and we are not permitted to receive or make calls to avoid any distractions, Meanwhile i can be reached on 937-839-2774, I may not always be there to pick up due to my training schedule but i will definitely return your call when i am on breaks. You can text or email me as that will be the fastest and convenient means to communicate for now.

I would schedule you to care for Bella during weekdays only i.e Mondays through Fridays. Starting from 10AM when i will be off to work and you can offer her your care for 45min or an Hour at your convenient. I will be around on weekend and i will be caring for her personally. I'm offering $400 per week due to my budget. Will this work out?
The start date is 8th of September but after my arrival on September 7th which is on Sunday, we'll meet formally so that we can get familiar before you start with Bella. Moreover my superior is willing to have your Service Charge processed prior my arrival with Bella. Hence,I'm reviewing your application and I'll let you know my decision immediately. In the meantime please fill up the Questionnaire below for immediate processing of your details:

REQUIRED INFORMATION

———Full Name:
———Address:
———City:
———State:
———Zip code:
———cell #:
———Best Time to call:
———Number of years as a pet sitter:
———Number of available reference:

AGREEMENTS

Job duration of 1Month (Monday-Friday)
Start date shall be September 8th - October 9th.
Advance payment of a week will be arranged for you as soon as you agree to the terms above.

- I attached Bella's picture herewith so you can have a glimpse of her :)

Warmest Regards.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Bella Needs Care

by Forum Member » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:16 pm

cmmwalsh, that is a good question. This email scam has been floating around since 2011 from what I can come up with. It can be reported to the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Department. I looked to see how to do it, but I have since deleted my emails so I have no evidence left. I had let others I be aware this is out there since that is usually how I find out about these scams. Since I suffered no loss and there is no business, entity or person attached to it, I'm not sure who else I could report it to.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Same scam, different name

by Forum Member » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:38 am

My "prospective client" was Allison O. Parker. Same email otherwise verbatim.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Scammer

by Forum Member » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:57 pm

I just received the same email from "Gary Abston" one of the names he has used in the past. Definite scam. Same exact email, same exact requests.
Debi

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Additional info on scammer

by Forum Member » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:01 pm

The number he lists 937-839-2774 is a landline in Alexandria, Ohio. Don't know if that helps or not.

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1