Scams A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Scams

by Forum Member » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:04 am

Every email or phone call I have received from this website has been a scam.
They say they are moving to town and need a pet sitter ASAP, they want to mail me a check for $350.00 or $750.00 a week and give no details about the pets or visits they want.
Once I tell them I have legal forms and must meet and greet before I will take the job then poof, I never hear another word.

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Forum Member » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:27 am

Are you talking about from the petsits.com website? We never send any emails to members. Clients must contact you directly. But we do get scammers copying down email addresses from our website and contact sitters directly because our website gets a lot of hits.

Your method of weeding out by insisting on a meet & greet is perfect. Unfortunately many people fall for the scam. Often scammers are happy to give LOTS of info about the pets - before you even ask. It distracts business owners from any red flags they might have otherwise noticed.

I try to waste their time. I go along and ask them to send me checks. And then keep them to post here. Unfortunately I seem to be on a blacklist now, because they nobody will send me any more no matter how hard I try!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1