SCAMS FORUM - Read And Post Lastest Pet Sitter Scam Emails! A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

SCAMS FORUM - Read And Post Lastest Pet Sitter Scam Emails!

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:27 pm

This forum contains a list of scam emails that have been sent to professional pet sitters. Scam emails posted here should be related to pet sitting. So requests for pet sitting, dog walking, dog-to-give-away, errands/mail transactions, pet supplies, or want-to-buy-a-puppy type scams all welcome.

PUPS members are welcome to directly post new scam emails that they receive, or comment on the ones listed.

This special forum is open to the Public (including Non-Members) to read. However for security reasons, only members can post directly to this forum.

Members - the personal information buttons are hidden from non-members, so anything you post will be listed with a source of 'anonymous' to anyone who is not logged in.

If you are pet sitter who received a possible scam email, but you are not a member of PUPS, we would love to review or post a copy of your scam message for you. Just email the message to mail@petsits.com with a note giving us permission to post it after we strip out all of your personal information.

If you have collected more than 3 fake checks from scammers, please let us know. You'll be in the lead of our ongoing fake-check contest! We are trying to see how many checks any one sitter can collect.

~~~~~
Here are a couple of other sites to check out for more information:

Online Scam Email Tester
http://www.scamomatic.com/

List of Known Scammer Aliases
(as tracked by 4nannies.com to babysitters)
http://www.4nannies.com/info/nanny-scams.cfm?x=n

Description of the Nigerian "419" scam
http://www.snopes.com/crime/fraud/nigeria.asp

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I believe this is a scam email

by Forum Member » Fri May 29, 2015 3:14 pm

I believe this is a scam, I haven't heard from him since I responded that I wouldn't agree to all of his services that dealt with money.

Thank you for your response concerning the Pet sitting/, My name is Xxxxxx,I'm married with two kids, Xxxx and Xxxxx, they are 5 and 3 years respectively.I am 39 years old and i work in the US military Airforce,My wife is a Nurse, We are a devoted christian family, i would be needing your services for my dogs starting from June 1st. Monday-friday,5/4hrs daily at your convenience, they are friendly and they are both 10weeks old.
Your services are
1. taking them for a walk
2. getting their food
3.Puppy visits/Wellness check
4.playing with them

Like i said i would be traveling to your area and have already made arrangement for their coming as well, i really took my time in going through your profile on care.com and it got me rest assure you are a very reliable pet care, for this reason i would love my pets to be in your care, I've also ordered for two specially built doghouses which they would be living as soon we arrives and i want them to be ready before my arrival .

This could be a temporary/permanent job. It depends on what your schedule looks like but i do like to be sure if you are available the first two weeks. I made some research on the wages for your service and i have decided to start with $400 per week so you will be paid $400 for the first week pending my arrival and as time goes we can negotiate on a new pay as my pet gets along with you. I want to inform you that i have a seminar i will be attending as soon as i arrive and will be having an interview section with you immediately i arrives. Also i will like to include your pay to our payroll for the period just to have you booked down and secure for my pets. I will be needing the following information below to issue out the check to you and i need your direct mobile number so i can text you in case i need to pass an urgent information:
Name:
Address:
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone #:
I have made some arrangements with the Doghouse seller about (the special built dog's house,foods,cream and some dogs accessories) so as soon as you get the payment, you will deduct $400 for your first week and have the rest sent to the doghouse seller for delivery as soon as the check clears, i hope my pets will have the best of time while they are in your care and i hope you will treat them right just like yours, Get back to me as i have a lot of issue to put in place prior to my arrival.
I look forward to hearing back from you.
Thank you and God bless,
[/b[b]

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sat May 30, 2015 12:17 am

sounds like a scam to me

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Scam email

by Forum Member » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:28 pm

I just received this same email. Thought I would hop on since it sounded like a scam to me too. Thank you for posting the email!

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:05 am

Such a shame. I received two last week via text then email. Soon as I read out of town, or cashiers check or certified check I'm done. I only accept cash or credit cards. Soon as I reply to them cash or credit, not a peep do I hear.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1