Pet Sitter Needed Urgently A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Esteemed Grand Guru
Esteemed Grand Guru

Pet Sitter Needed Urgently

by Forum Member » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 am

Check this one out! Actually sounded kind of good, and for the most part proper English/grammar/punctuation. What tipped me off was the email address in the "to" field - was a pet sitter (also off petsitcenter) in Connecticut! (I am in Colorado.)

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:40 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: Pet Sitter Needed Urgently

Hello ,
My name is Thomas Smith . I'm a retired military personnel but presently running my own company. I work on mechanical production and repairs. I saw your ad on www.petsitcenter.com as a good caregiver for pets and am very interested in leaving my dogs in your care. I had someone in care of them the last time i came for the project in your area but she moved to Canada to take care of her father. I'm urgently in need of a caregiver from 15th December to 10th January. I have to continue a project in your area and i will like to put my 2 dogs with you every Monday - Friday from 9am to 3pm when i will be coming to pick them up to the hotel where i will lodge . My dogs are just 3 years old. kindly reply me as soon as possible if you are sure to care for them Monday - Friday and let me know how much it would cost me .

Best Regards,
Thomas

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:16 am

A little too proper english. Good catch Jen

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Forum Member » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:41 pm

On my version, he found the add on pet-sitters.biz. So he must be crawling multiple pet sitter directories to get email to spam.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 9:58 PM
To: meliss_@______friend.com
Subject: Pet Sitter Needed Urgently

Hello ,
My name is Thomas Smith. I'm a Retired Military Personnel but presently running my own company. I work on mechanical production and repairs. I saw your ad on (www.pet-sitters.biz) as a good caregiver for pets and am very interested in leaving my dogs in your care. I had someone in care of them the last time i came for the project in your area but she moved to Canada to take care of her father. I'm urgently in need of a caregiver from 15th December to 10th January. I have to continue a project in your area and i will like you to care for my 2 dogs every Monday - Friday from 9am to 3pm either at your place that is if you board pets in your home or in the hotel where i will be lodging in your area depending on which is convenient for you. My dogs are just 5 years old, and their type of breed is American Cocker Spaniel and they weigh 25 lbs each. kindly reply me as soon as possible if you are sure to care for them Monday - Friday and let me know how much it would cost me ( Your charges daily ).

Best Regards,
Thomas

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

scam e-mail

by Forum Member » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:26 pm

you wonder what they want??

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:26 am

Got that one too.
I thought this part was funny:
".....i will like to put my 2 dogs with you...."
He wants to put them with you for what exactly? LOL
Plus another thing that was a good tip off....who says they have an American Cocker Spaniel??
Like is there now also a Canadian Cocker?
People have way too much time on their hands.

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:13 pm

Didn't think about this being a scam but I guess people will scam anyone especially with this economy. I didn't think to check on here for scams that you all have received. Duh! I wasn't thinking.

Cris
Cris Sits
Broomfield CO

Forum Member

by Forum Member » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:42 pm

What is the point to these scams? What do they gain?

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1