Is this a scam? A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Professor
Professor

Is this a scam?

by Forum Member » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:56 am

Hi everyone recieved below e-mail tonight does anyone know if this is a scam? I'm fishy coz he reckons he e-mailed directly from my website, which usually comes to my e-mail from "myNAPPS Support" his e-mail comes straight from him.

Here's the e-mail:

Greetings Mary,

Thank you for providing an opportunity for me to email you from your web site.

I was thrilled to find you at last. I have been searching for someone who offers the kind of services you mention in your very well presented and user friendly web site.

I would love to have a chat about what I am in need of if you could find the time to ring me.

Please contact my work number which is 0439096117 at your convenience. I’d love to speak with you at any time, and the number is with me evenings as well.

Hope to speak with you soon.

Shane Hawkinson

Any feedback about this would be awesome.
Cheers Mary

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:56 am

Seems scam-ish to me. I have never had anyone contact me for service and not mention what it is they are wanting, (daily walks, vacation, etc...). Dates are usually mentioned as well as the type of pets they have. But that's just me!
I might return the e-mail and see if you get a response before calling. Could be a sales-type inquiry as well. Let us know what you decide.

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:27 pm

Checking the phone number, it looks like the '043' is an international dialing code for Austria.

See this link:
http://www.datamystic.com/timezone/time_zones.html

It's not a U.S. area code.

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:29 pm

I forgot that you are in Australia. But I thought that Aurtralia has 02 through 08 area codes. Let me know.

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

by Forum Member » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks Jim that might be a possibility although I think it's just a mobile number.

aapaws- Think I will try your idea & e-mail him before ringing to see what happens.

Thanks for the advice guys!

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1