Another Milano Italy Petsitter Request A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Professor
Professor

Another Milano Italy Petsitter Request

by Forum Member » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:40 am

Hello Dear,
How are you today? My name is Mrs Roberta Munez, i am 42 yrs old. I use to work in England as a pet sitter 7 yrs ago before i relocated with my family to Milano, Italy where i now work as a caregiver, I have lots of happy clients here in italy.

I have been looking for a Pet sitter for over two weeks now, till i met an old friend Mrs jennifer moore, She use to live in America before she relocated with her family to Milano where she works now. I met her at Cosmetic Surgery And Beauty Conference that was held over the weekend in Florence I spoke with her about my client and was referred to you. She gave me your referral, So i decided to contact you to know if you will be able to help my client, she said you have taken care of her puppies before and your work was good.

I have a client Miss Alessia Frijio's a model here in italy. she will be coming to the U.S in 3 weeks time for a photo shoot job and will be residing in Texas temporarily until the neccesary arrangement for her job has been made before she leaves, She has two 11months old teacup Maltese Puppies and would be needing a pet sitter to take care of them while she is out on her photo shoot.
Miss Alessia Frijio's asked me to come with her to the US but i told her i would not be able to go with her to the US as i have a course i will be going for in a week time. So i promised to help her get a good pet sitter in your Area. Pls tell me a little more about your self, how long have you been a pet sitter? and would you be able to take care of the two teacup Maltese Puppies from the 15th of next month to the 20th of September, two hrs a day 3 days a per week for 5 weeks?
Pls i need you to get back to me with the amount you charge per her and also let me know if she can pay you via US Money Orders?
Do send your reply to my personal email address ( romunez@yahoo.it ) for a quick response as i do not check this email often.

Thank you very much and do have a nice day.

Roberta Munez
21 Via Merkato ,
Milano Italy

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Milano scam email

by Forum Member » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:22 am

I'm so glad I came to check here. Sure enough, I got this exact email today. My first red flag was the "Hello Dear" next was all of the lower case "i"s and then the story just didn't add up. Thanks for posting this!

-Jane
Paw Print Pet Services
Falls Church, VA

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I received the same e-mail today!

by Forum Member » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:58 am

Thank you for posting this! It sounded like a really great client and then I remember warnings from PUPS regarding scammers. I decided to come and check and I am so glad I did and thank PUPS for intitially giving the "heads up" regarding scammers targeting this industry. If not for that I would of probably thought wow a great new client. Thanks again for posting this.

Brenda Guffey
Uptown PAWS-I-TIVE Pets
Orlando, FL

Forum Member

Milano Italy Scam

by Forum Member » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 am

I just received this same email. This is a great board and I'm so glad to be part of PUPS!

Forum Member

Italy Inquiry Scam

by Forum Member » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:29 am

I, too, just received this email and was glad to have been forewarned about these types of emails. I'm a newbie and this email claims that I have pet sit for other clients and was referred. Ya, right!

Forum Member
Site Admin
Site Admin

by Forum Member » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 am

Another pet sitter who is not a member of PUPS just sent this one to me also. Which makes me wonder where they got their list - of - pet sitters - to scam from.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Scammer

by Forum Member » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:44 pm

I received a very similiar email a few weeks ago, using a different models name. I actually went along with it for awhile. They actually sent me a cashier's check. I called the bank it was written on and they said they have been receiving several of these fradulent checks. I told these person "Roberta" I was verifying the check and when I found out it was not good I sent her an email saying "shame on you". These people are professional scammers, what a crock. I went to my local police, but there's nothing they can do but put out an alert. We just have to let each other know and get the word out about these people. I wish I would have read this info earlier, it would have saved me time and energy. Now I know. My first instinct did tell me "this sounds weird".
Shirley
Peace of Mind Pet Sitters

7 posts   •   Page 1 of 1