Heres another one for the list! -long A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

Heres another one for the list! -long

by Forum Member » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:23 am

I got two emails (I'm sure the 2nd came because I responded to thier request) I had a feeling it was a scam to begin with so I wanted to play abit. :lol:

Hello there,
Am vivian steward,i saw your advert ..pls i need someone to help takecare of my pet....Pls firstly where are you located in the city, let me know your area of specialization.I have an healthy well behaved and friendly Border Collie and i will need you to feed and walk my dog while am away,Am on vacation right now and i need a simple and inexpensive way to put my pet inform while am away.Pls let me know the exact address you are located so i will know if u are fit in for me..Pls i need you get back to me if you are available for me..i look forward meeting you...Pls could you get back to me with the below information
1. Can you be doing this for me weekly.
2. How much will you charge me weekly.
3. Tell me the amount you want to charge weekly forget about the distance,the bill can be settled if not too much
4. I would like to pay you 1 month fee upfront cos i need someone arround my pet
5. Let me know ur area of specialization.
Pls get back to me if you are available to work in my yard..
Thanks,
Vivian

I responded to her questions. Then added this thinking she wouldn't respond again: "Here is my website so you can learn more about me, what my specialization is, rates etc. Check out my About Us page, there you will see a bit more about me, for example I retired from the Sheriff's office and Dept of Public Safety, I'm an Instructor with the American Red Cross and so forth. If you need any further info, do not hesitate to contact me! Again, Thank you for contact HPC."

2nd email: LONGER!
Hello,
Thank you so much for getting back to me and i so much appreciate you swift response.I want to have you booked prior my arrival cos time is not on my side.I will send you the payment for a month, am not arround but as soon as all arrangement is made, my sister will be meeting, so as soon as i have your details so that i can have your commitment .I need your assistance and Trust on this,because its not that easy to entrust on someone i have not seen, but i believe we all know each other one day and this will favor you well, cos am a very easy going person and well understanding. My Boss want to pay me off for the Project that i attended in Malaysia, so he's paying me with U.S Cashier Check/Money Orders, which can't be cashed here. If the payment(Check/Money Orders) is sent to you, so i want you to deduct the required amount for your Advance service charges, then send the rest fund or sum to my Traveling Agent, cos its for my Flight Ticket Fees to the states As soon as possible, then keep the remaining balance for me till i arrive to the states. If your Location is far from my House, i will pay for your Transport Down there for the services to be rendered so If you are interested doing this for me, i need the following, Details(information) Below:
FULL NAME :
FULL ADDRESS :
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
TELEPHONE:
CELL PHONE:
I need this information to issue the check, because i have to do everything fast and also my Boss is traveling for Business purpose, so he needs this information so he can issue the check and send it to you ASAP, immediately he sends the check, i will forward the Courier Tracking Number to you and it will Deliver Unfailingly within 3 business days. As soon as the information required from you is sent to me and the payment will be issued and get to you contact address Asap Looking forward to hear from you. N.B......Pls email me your referee;s information if available. Thanks.

My final response:

Im sorry but I thought I gave you my website with all that info. Also I do not accept prior arrangements without a formal Meeting, as I do not take on any jobs without meeting client and their pets. This is for compatibility purposes and safety as well, I sure you understand being a traveler like you are. I guess all my years in Law Enforcement has made me cautious.

If you will provide me your address so I can see if you are in my service area that would be a big help. Also if you are and would like to set up a meeting, please provide some dates and times that would work for you.

Again thank you contacting HPC and I hope you understand my policies, many pet sitters have been targets of scams and we can't be to careful!

Forum Member

by Forum Member » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 am

Everytime I repost my ad on Craigslist I seem to get emails like that. It's funny how similar they are. Here's the one I received. I also was suspicious it was a scam from the start, although they didn't use the "I will send you money, you deduct what I owe, then send me the rest" which is a big scam alert for me! It's almost believeable until they never answer your simple questions and expect you to answer all their detailed ones... So I played along and replied almost the same as you both times!

Hello,
How are you doing today?i hope you having great time with your family and friends.My name is Kheshia Cole ,I am looking for a dependable pet sitter.I need someone one who can help me out during weekends.

I have an 18 month old pit bull,Looking for someone who loves dogs and can walk my dog mid-day and must be experience in handling pets. i keep a very busy schudle,i dont have time on my hands and it really affecting my dog, has not been getting it exercise regularly due to my work ..

It has made my dog look alittle less happy lately?i need some one who can becoming down to my house to watch over it and also help me to care for my yard and garden cleaning while am away. i will be happy if you could be coming and be watching after my pet feed it and make it feel happy.And above all i what will make my pet look healthy cos i really love my pet,he is my companion and i cant just give up my work that is why i need someone to come in and help me out...

I need to know the person very well, in identity and in character ,who will be taking good care of my house and handle my house affairs while am away and my pet as well.My dog is so sweet and loveable. Pls where are you lcoated in the city ?pls you need to let me know where you are located in the city cos i dont want a long distance from me.I am willing to pay anywhere from $80 - $100 weekly cos my pets are troublesome but Please let me know if you are interested in earning some extra cash and for a weekend. Friday evening / Saturday / and Sunday.
Thank you. .
Have a blessed day
Regards
Kheshia

This is what they sent after my response to the initial email:

Hello,
Thanks for your urgent response, i will like you to give me total break down of charges for a month.I am very greatful for your response and i believe you be good and sincere,above all trust worthy when it come to you giving the best of your ability.i will like to know little about you, if you dont mind since i will be entrusting my house to you.i am a sincere person and why am being so careful,is because people have taken advantage of my sincerity on several occasions.You really sound interesting and faithful person, Presently am out of town on a business trip and i hate to live my pet all alone in the compound. And am not comfortable with it, but i cant help it,i wont be back till next week and i have another engagement preceeding it.that's why i need you to come in and save the situation for me..
like I said earlier on i will be arriving next week ,i need to get in contact with you in order to secure your service ahead of my arrival. so that the work can commence asap, regarding the checking of the house i would have loved to give you go ahead. but in order to avoid embarrassment from the security i would suggest you await my arrival next week. Now,getting down to the issue of payment for your services,i have decided to pay you ahead so you that you can take care of necessary things to be done in my absence while am away.pls i need your full to co-operation, My boss will be sending you a check for the work .so that it will enable you work daily or weekly and for the maintainable of warfare of my pets while am always away.i will call you as soon i arrive so that i can show you my house and you can get to met my pet ,so that you can be familiar with it and get to view the atmosphere of my compound if it will be conducive for you or take it to your place anytime untill i arrive...so that you can take care of my pet , i will drop you the key cos am always travelling and i need u to pls help me maintain my compound for me and my pet. So, i want to be paying you in advance due to my nature of work .

Am not too comfortable leaving my pet all alone in my compound, though, i left sufficient food for it to feed on. but it wont make it look healthy without seeing people around it and without getting the human touches that i have been given to them since all this while..Am seeking your service in advance just because, that why anxious i am to have you come over with me ,when i arrive to see my dog and see if you will be able to be coming down to look after it in my house or better still have you take it to your place.You strike me as someone very interesting to be with and i believe my pet will feel very much at home with you.So, pls i would love to know you more and i will be communicating untill i arrive.If you are ready and interested in doing this for me get the information below to me...Pls i need your understanding and your cooperation regarding this once again. i will need the following
Details(information) Below:
FULL NAME :
FULL ADDRESS :
CITY:
STATE/ZIPCODE:
TELEPHONE:
CELL PHONE:
I will need this information in order for to able to issue the check, because my boss whom i worked for is oweing me and he is ready to pay me, so he needs this information so he can issue the check and send it to you ASAP, immediately he sends the check, i will forward the Courier Tracking Number to you and it will be Deliver Unfailingly within 3 business days. i want you to give me your best, As soon as the information required from you is sent to me, the payment will be issued and will it get to you through your contact address Asap coz it takes 2-3
business days for it to get delivered. am Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards
Kheshia

Forum Member
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert

by Forum Member » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:50 am

I got the Kheshia one too off of CL lol.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1