Here is one i just got A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Here is one i just got

by Forum Member » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Hello,
>>
>> Am Alan Smith,am looking for good pet sitter or a Dog Walker for my
>> two Alsatian Dog.If interested you can contact me for further
>> information.[alan2smith2000@gmail.com]
>>
>> Best Regard,
>> Alan.
My response
Sure!
> I need to know your address, city and zip code
> and the dates you are interested
> thank you
> Mark Jesse
His response to my response

Hello Mark,
I got your mail and it really sounds great. Thanks for your response.
Am really glad to know your interest and am sure you will be fine with
my pet. There names are Kaita and Jack,friendly and a lover of toys.

Am presently working on a contract in Hughston Hospital of Columbus,
Georgia. I hope you understand that am not residing in your state. Am
coming there for a contract in April, You will start having my pet
from 19th of April to 10th May on Mondays – Fridays Daily for a dog
walk service. I will have to lodge in an Hotel very close to you.

Please can you get back to me with your charges in your next email?
Please understand that am not concern about the charges but the care
you will give to my Pets. I just want to be sure you will take
absolute care of them.

I look forward to your urgent reply.

Best Regards,
Dr.Alan Smith

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:30 pm

I got that one last week but with a different owners name.

Forum Member
Esteemed Grand Guru
Esteemed Grand Guru

by Forum Member » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:41 pm

Darn it! I've been emailing with him, lol. I was pretty sure it was a scam but now I know. Thanks for posting this one, I won't waste my time anymore.

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Darn it!!! I should have known it was a scam!!! I just got it, seemed simple enough to be real til the 2nd email where he said he didn't reside in my state but will be here on contract and he need me to walk his two dogs at the hotel he was staying at! Why would a traveling doctor have two dogs with him!!! Especially big ones like that!!! That just erks me!!!! :-x

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:02 pm

I just got this email yesterday. I had to look at it for a minute then I said something doesnt seem right here. He said he found me on petsitfinder.com
however a copy of the email landed in my junk folder which already said scam, but what really proved it to me is the to field in the email had his email in it and it was sent to my hotmail account which is not listed anywhere on any site. I only use my website email. How he got it I have no idea. I just deleted it.

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:08 pm

We should ALL respond to these things simultaneously saying something like...I have turned your email over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation
becuase they have alerted me that you may be a scam blah blah

wouldn't you like to see a hidden camera above his computer when he gets 50 or so email responses like that

Forum Member

Thank you scam museum!

by Forum Member » Wed May 05, 2010 9:07 am

I, too, just received the email similar to those in this thread. It arrived in my spam box this morning and was poorly written which tipped me off immediately. First thing I do now is check PUPS to see if the bogus email is going around. Thank you PUPS members!!!!!

Hello,

Am Collins Anderson,am looking for good pet sitter or a Dog Walker for
my
two Alsatian Dog.If interested you can contact me for further
information.[andy4collins@aol.com]
Best Regard,
Collins

Forum Member
Esteemed Grand Guru
Esteemed Grand Guru

by Forum Member » Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

I think a good tip off is referring to German Shepherds as Alsatians - it's not something you are likely to encounter with people living in the U.S. Of course, for all the sitters outside of the U.S., this wouldn't apply.

Forum Member
Esteemed Grand Guru
Esteemed Grand Guru

by Forum Member » Sat May 08, 2010 9:04 am

Bully4u wrote:I think a good tip off is referring to German Shepherds as Alsatians - it's not something you are likely to encounter with people living in the U.S. Of course, for all the sitters outside of the U.S., this wouldn't apply.

I had to google Alsatians when I got this email. Low and behold the sample pictures on google were HIS dogs!!! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

These people send thousands and thousands of emails all over the world. Hundreds do respond saying the authorities have been notified. The sad reality is they can't do a thing about it. There are so many cases the FBI is overwhelmed and the phishers know this. Another sad reality, phishing works. The dollars lost from phishing scams doubled from 2008 to 2009.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:19 pm

Thank you everyone for the heads up! I just received the same exact email that is in this thread today in my SPAM folder. I thought it sounded and looked fishy. I showed my husband and he thought so to. I love this board. It has so much useful information on everything. Thank you all for posting this. :flower:

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

"andy4collins@aol.com"

by Forum Member » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:57 am

I also got this email. I chalked the improper English to being foreign and went ahead with treating him as a normal client. He did refer to his dogs as German Shepards, though. I am not that far from Columbus, GA, and he actually asked about the weather (pretty similar to Columbus) and said that he was booking his flights. No one would fly that short of a distance, and no airline would put two long haired dogs in baggage in the middle of summer. That is what really made me question the authenticity, so I ran a search of "andy4collins" and came across this thread. Thank goodness others have had the same email come to them! I don't understand what there is to gain on their part for the scam. Who knows, huh!

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

by Forum Member » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Just got Mr Andy's today also.

I wonder what the game is? Or outcome if you go all the way with it. Or just a nuisance?

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:40 pm

they send you a check for more than the amount then have you forward some of it to a 3rd party.
So the check is fake...you don't get any money
and you send some money to somebody else
and you get stuck with bank fees

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:44 pm

I got a fake check for my collection(actually 2)
try it. just do not send any money to anyone
and do not cash check.
I made a copy of the checks and then sent the real checks to the bank so they could investigate

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

andy4collins strikes again

by Forum Member » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:08 am

I have also heard from andy4collins. I am glad to have this forum for advice as I was starting to get suspicious.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Collins Anderson is alive and well!

by Forum Member » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:22 pm

I just got an email from this scammer as well. I gut told me it wasn't legit so I started searching for him and amazing that a search took me right back to my very own Pups forum! Yes, it's great to have this info available here and I'm glad I did some checking. I can't believe that the same emails that were circulating 4 years ago are still going out from these people. I know the government is overwhelmed but really? Four years w/the same bogus emails? It seems like it would be pretty easy to track. Apparently pet sitters aren't the only ones being duped; according to some other scam sites Collins is also quite the scam artist on dating websites....and with the same pics of the dogs! Thanks everyone for sharing this information.

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Collins Anderson

by Forum Member » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:59 am

Got it too! This is the second of it's kind that I've gotten. I don't get what their M.O. is though?

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

andy4Collins-Pet Sit Scam

by Forum Member » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:41 am

I-Katherine at Pet Sitter Plus Here. I just received the scam this week. He sounded legit at first, but was very vague in where he was coming to in my state. He sent photos of his dogs, bust as tight thumbnails as you would use as I have on my business card. That sent my radar humming.I had my husband read his e-mail, so I asked him for more info. I have not heard from him since then. I am glad I was reluctant to give him other than my phone number.Really, since that young woman (massage Therapist) was lured to her death by someone in a hotel/motel room a while back, I am really wary. Money scams are bad enough, but you never know. Always let someone know where you are going(Example) to a meet and greet a prospective client unknown to you), the times you will be sitting and where. Stay safe andinformed.

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

by Forum Member » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:50 am

I got one from a Andy Collins also. He sent pics of 2 GS. They looked like stock photos. (compared to regular pics you would take of your dog. I'm still waiting to hear what his scam is. I imagine he'll ask me to cash a money order and forward part of it to another "sitter".

19 posts   •   Page 1 of 1