This looks scammy to me A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member

This looks scammy to me

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:02 am

This showed up in my spam box:

"Hi,

My name is Greg Mason and my wife's name is Jenny Mason we are both busy parents, we are blessed with 2 Children 1 boy and 1 girl, the boy's name is James 7 years old and the girl's name is Mary 3years and six months old. and bobby our pet, which is 9 and a half months old, We are relocating to your your city and i want to make inquiries about your pet care facility, what are your charges and how do you take care of your pets, do you do indoor or out door services.

NOTE: PLEASE I NEED YOUR AREA ZIP CODE TO BE SURE THAT YOUR PET CARE CENTER IS NOT FAR FROM US."

Oh, and it was not addressed to my e-mail address.....

Diane Wood
Diane's Cat & Dog Care

Forum Member
Esteemed Grand Guru
Esteemed Grand Guru

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:59 am

Yep, most def. Who the heck introduces their family via email? These scammers are just ridiculous. Too bad it actually works sometimes :x

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:12 am

Yep I got the same one in my gmail spam box

from Greg Mason massongregg@yahoo.com.hk
to laceyspetnannyservice@gmail.com
bcc LHPetSitting@gmail.com <----------------------Take Notice I am a BCC and another pet sitter is the original. I assume hundreds of pet sitters were BCC
date Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 3:46 AM
subject Pet Care Services Needed
mailed-by googlemail.com
signed-by gmail.com
hide details 3:46 AM (6 hours ago)

Hi,

My name is Greg Mason and my wife's name is Jenny Mason we are both busy parents, we are blessed with 2 Children 1 boy and 1 girl, the boy's name is James 7 years old and the girl's name is Mary 3years and six months old. and bobby our pet, which is 9 and a half months old, We are relocating to your your city and i want to make inquiries about your pet care facility, what are your charges and how do you take care of your pets, do you do indoor or out door services.

NOTE: PLEASE I NEED YOUR AREA ZIP CODE TO BE SURE THAT YOUR PET CARE CENTER IS NOT FAR FROM US.

Greg

Forum Member
Tenured Professor
Tenured Professor

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:20 pm

I got it as well. They CC'ed a bazillion other people as well and it just irks me to no end that I have their e-mail addy's and they have mine.
Ridiculous.

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:26 pm

I really wish there was a way you can completely "BLOCK" certain email addresses to where it would "BOUNCE" it back to them via MAILER DEAMON this would slowly allow us to weed them out and make them have to do more work of re creating a new email everytime they wanted to spam.

If this is already available please let me know. If not I am going to suggest this to google.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1