Another Scammer - Heidi & Daniel Edelman Blitzen A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Another Scammer - Heidi & Daniel Edelman Blitzen

by Forum Member » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:48 am

Thanks for your response concerning the Pet sitting/Dog walking job , My name is Daniel Edelman ,am married with a daughter named (July) and my wife's name is Heidi, We will be coming to your state on Vacation,so we have located it and decided to have our family work on all we need before moving into your neighborhood ,we have a very adorable dog (blitzen) ,he is cute and adorable(Golden Retriever), we will be coming from United Kingdom,I would be needing your service as a very professional, caring with positive personality to take good care of blitzen because i want him to have a wonderful stay and will like to make provision for him.. I found your profile online from the Sittercity website where i believe all Pet sitters there are very good at what they do...More so,I will be making arrangements in renting an apartment close to you but it depends on your location as i will be needing your services,I to be sure of the days of the week and the time you will be able to take care of him, it should be at least 4hrs either (MON,WED,FRI) or whenever you are convenient,you just have to let me know your time schedule as for us to fix a time that won't be a problem or inconvenience your other daily activities and also you will be helping my wife with running some errands when necessary.You would only be needed for 20 hrs per week at your convenience and will like you to get back to me with your available Its not much of a job that i cant handle myself, but right now We are expecting our baby Boy very soon,and you understand how busy i will have to get with my wife and my daughter,also i will want him to be used to the area around him...

blitzen is wonderful and a very bright,cheerful and clever,sociable,playful,friendly,vigilant, and very loyal,attentive, and calm.loving around children,and intelligent he does not bark very often,his soft and kind to be around he is also free among all other animals.I will be needing your service for up to 2 months, and willing to offer you $400.00 per week with benefits which will include cab/gas fare.. as compensation for a trustworthy and honest candidate.I have a financier who is helping me with the moving transition. It's okay if you prefer to sit him in my house or yours as i can drop him at your home if your prefer me bringing him over during the days you agree to work ,and will greatly appreciate if you will be delighted to accept this offer as we would be arriving on the 7th (07-07-2015),I hope you are fit for the position with full commitment.Your work starts next day we arrive and our location will not be far from you which is the reason why we want to secure a pet sitter before our Agent get us a house the Keys and the description of the house will be mailed to you as soon as possible .Also,you will be helping us in purchasing groceries and some dog food for our home complex before or on the day of our arrival.I will be staying in the states for about 2 months with my families and you will be rendering us your services for that duration, if you meet up to our expectation with your services. We have a financier that is based in the states and will be handling the payment and as well as our other expenses,so he will be the one that will be taking care of your payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service.If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you, kindly get back to me with the required information below for confirmation and further proceedings of the payment to take place

Full name:

Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)

Apt #:

City, Zip Code:

State:

Home phone number:

Cell phone number:

Available hours:

Active Email Address:

We would be arriving on the 07-07-2015 but you will be paid henceforth, as i will have several small assignments for you to complete prior to our arrival, such as checking our new apartment for necessary supplies,purchasing what may be needed before our arrival,Necessary toiletries and cleaning supplies etc which i will provide you with a list. All we ask from you is honesty and sincerity and am sure you will enjoy the time you will spend with blitzen,the Payment will be your first week payment and our other expenses that will be taken care of before we arrive.I'm entrusting you on the whole thing and i'm sure you will be a wonderful pet sitter to blitzen and we'll make sure we'll rent an apartment that will not be far from you so it will be easier for you to take care of blitzen without stress.Please do get in touch immediately so as to start making arrangements while i await your urgent response for this employment offer along with the requested details.

God bless you

Daniel and Heidi Edelman

3 Attachments :-x

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 pm

What I don't get about these emails is how the scammer makes money. Does anyone know?

I've gotten a couple emails like this, and I always think, 1) You're not very good at sounding like a real potential client, and 2) I sure wouldn't want someone so presumptuous and arrogant as a client, anyway. LOL

Diane and "Teddy"

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:54 pm

The way it works is they send you a check for more than the amount they owe you and tell you to pay the difference to some third party.

So you get a bad check and you pay some amount to somebody and any bank fees for the check

Forum Member
Graduate
Graduate

by Forum Member » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:52 am

Ohhh, thanks for explaining.

I had someone try that on me once (just a local person, not an internet scammer). She owed me a bunch of money for horse boarding that I had been trying to collect from her for quite a while. So she brings me a check someone else wrote to her, for several hundred dollars more than she owed me, and she says, I'll just sign this over to you and you can give me change. I was completely naive to what she was trying to do, but it was so bizarre that it was obviously not right. I guess she was counting on me wanting my money bad enough that I would go for that "bird in the hand".

Forum Member
Professor
Professor

Blitzen

by Forum Member » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:00 am

Now Blitzen is a calm Golden Retriever owned by Barry Bernardi :roll:

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1