Another Scam A list of recent Pet Care specific online scams received through email by PUPS members.
Moderators: Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member, Forum Member

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Another Scam

by Forum Member » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:42 am

Dear Laura.
Thanks responding to the text inquiry regards the pet sitting position. My name is Terrance and my wife's name is Jamie with our first daughter Debbie & our dog Lassy. My wife is 4 month's pregnant and we are in the process of re-locating from , QUEBEC CANADA to your city. My wife & I are professional Tourists but at her stage of pregnancy, I will prefer she does not work full time. She will be working few hours per week while i do most of the aspect.

I will be offering you $350.00 weekly at any convenient time of yours, three times in a week probably Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday to handle the pet sitting position. We will be needing your services for the next seven months if you will be available, hope two/three hours will be enough to take care of Lassy in a day, or any time you are convenient with, you just have to let me know your time schedule as for us to fix a time that won't be a problem or inconvenient your other daily activities and also you will be helping my wife with running some errands when necessary.

We sincerely need someone who can help us in taking care of Lassy, while am off to work. I have a feeling you are fit for this position, but you will need to prove yourself to be a reliable, honest, and hard working person. We would be arriving on the 21st of November and we can meet the next day for some introduction so we can get to know more about each other in person before you start working, More so, I will be making arrangements in renting an apartment close to you but it depends on your location as I will be needing your services.

Lassy is wonderful and very bright, cheerful and clever, sociable, playful, friendly, vigilant, and very loyal, attentive, and calm. Loving around children, and intelligent he does not bark very often, his soft and kind to be around.We have a financier who is helping us with the moving transition. It's okay if you prefer to sit him in my house or yours as i can drop him at your home every day and will greatly appreciate if you will be delighted to accept this offer as we would be arriving soon; I hope you are fit for the position with full commitment and our location will not be far from you which is the reason why we want to secure a pet sitter before our agent get us a house the Keys and the description of the house will be mailed to you as soon as possible .Also, you will be helping us in purchasing groceries and some dog food for our home complex before or on the day of our arrival.

I will be staying in the States for about 7 months with my families and you will be rendering us your services for that duration, if you meet up to our expectation with your services.

We have a Financier based in the States who will be handling your upfront payment and as well as our other expenses you will be running for us before our arrival. I will instruct him to issue out your pay for the first week before our arrival so as to secure your service and show our commitment. If this employment opportunity is acceptable to you my financier would be needing the following Information to prepare and mail out the pay check:

Full name:
Contact Address: (No P.O. Box)
Apt #:
City, Zip Code:
State:
Home phone number:
Cell phone number:
Available hours:
Active Email Address:

I will as well like to run a background check on you because I would love to be sure Lassy will be safe with you and he will be in a safer environment I hope you understand my concerns.

QUESTIONS FOR YOU

1) What academic qualifications do you possess?
2) Do you have any relevant certificate(s) to back up your pet sitting/dog walking Career?
3) How old are you?
4) Are you married?
5) Tell us more about your temperament with animals.

We want your total cooperation and attention to details before you commit to this position. We promise you a great time while working with our loving and humble family. I will be waiting to read from you soon.

Regards,
Terrance Vera...

Forum Member
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

by Forum Member » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:54 am

I want to be a professional tourist

Forum Member
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

by Forum Member » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:11 pm

I got about the same thing almost word for word. I kind of figured it was too good to be true.

From: diana hamilton [mailto:diana_hmilton101@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:25 PM
To: Jessica Woofter <woofterj>
Subject: Re: Pet Sitting

Thanks for your swift response, We will be living in Knoxville, TN. I and my family would be coming into town on the 24th of January,let me know when its most convenient for you to start and also my financial Clerk will make out a payment to you before our arrival. You will receive a Certified Check which will include your first week pay $400 and the remaining funds will be used for grocery shopping and other things needed in the house. You will be getting the foodstuffs before our arrival day. Actually our flights from France will arrive at night so you will be getting the foodstuffs in the morning and making all other preparations.

I will also instruct my estate agent to mail the keys of the apartment to you so as to do all other necessary preparations before our arrival. You have to get all this shopping before our arrival so that we wont have to start running around when we arrive, So my financial Clerk would be needing the following information to make out the check payment.

Full Name:
Address :
State :
City :
Zip-code :
Phone number:
Acceptance of offer:
Days and time of work :

With loyalty comes honesty and I need that from you as you need it from me.

You will also have a nice period of time working with my family.

Thank you
Diana Hamilton.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1